Holiday Hustling Through The Streets of Dobbs

Berit Harwood and Amalia Hunt, Staff Writers

On December 11, over 500 people ran in the traditional Dobbs Ferry Holiday Hustle and the Reindeer run. Many dressed up in the best holiday costumes  to show holiday spirit. This 5k (about 3 miles) and 1k ( about 0.6 miles) races always offers holiday cheer to the small town of Dobbs Ferry and truly brings out the hard work in the villagers. Many kids below the age of 10 come and run in the traditional 1k reindeer run.

This year’s winner for the reindeer run was none other than Springhurst Elementary School 3rd grader Tessa Hunt. Here’s what she had to say about the race; “I always enjoy running in the race and I enjoy cheering people on to complete the races. It’s always a fun experience for everyone!”  The winner of the 5k race was Brian Cook from Pearl Harbor  who was the first man to cross the finish line with a time of 16 minutes and 25 seconds. Dobbs Ferry High School Freshman Phoebe Ward was the first woman to come close to the winning score with a time of 20 minutes and 44 seconds.

The 2016 Holiday Hustle has brought joy to many runners looking for something fun to do during the holiday season. Over the years, this Dobbs Ferry tradition has brought many outstanding runners to this small village to join in on the fun. Overall, this event has warmed it’s way into our hearts and to future generations to come.